While we can’t ensure good chemistry or even a basic good time on your date, we can help with some ideas to help you look good—plus tell you want to avoid. Here are the biggest beauty DOs and DONTs to keep in mind.
10 Beauty Dos and Don’ts before a Big Date
- Do use a subtle bronzer for a light glow. Just a light dusting will do the trick—the goal is glowing, but not glowing in the dark.
- Use a bit of baking soda to exfoliate your lips, then use a hydrating gloss that’s red, soft pink or nude so you end up with soft, kissable-looking lips.
- Get that voluminous, sexy sheen with your hair by blending an avocado, 2 drops of almond oil and 2 drops of coconut oil. Apply this DIY hair treatment to damp hair, leave it in for 20 minutes and rinse out. This could work 2 days before the big date, with one treatment the day before and one the day of.
- Do brush your skin with a firm-bristled brush before showering to get rid of dry skin.
- Do use a makeup-setting spray like Urban Decay’s All-Nighter to avoid a makeup meltdown.
- Don’t overuse the mascara and make sure it’s the clump-free type since heavy, spidery lashes won’t have him looking into your eyes in a good way.
- Don’t overdo the perfume—less is definitely more in this case.
- Don’t get any waxes the day before—you don’t know how your skin will react and you don’t want to have to apply heavy concealer over red, irritated skin.
- Don’t go for the red carpet smoky eye—too much. Try a medium gray shadow instead.
- Don’t get a spray tan the day of or the day before—there’s just too much that can go wrong. A simple bronzer can be much better.
If you enjoyed learning about these Beauty DOs and DONTs, continue with What Are The Best Summer Makeup Tips?
At Kristals, we promote a lifestyle that combines spirituality with holistic skincare using gems like diamonds, gold, and sapphire. The result? Youthful radiance and balanced spiritual energy.