The Kristals Cosmetics team will explain a quick oily skin fix: how to easily blot on the go, without ruining your makeup. The oils produced by your skin during the day (especially if you’re stressed out) will not only leave you looking all sweaty and greasy, they combine with your makeup to clog your pores and provoke acne breakouts — plus smear your makeup. We’ll tell you how to do it sans the smearing!
Kristals Cosmetics Tips: How to Blot Oily Skin (Without Messing Up Your Makeup)
What can you use to blot your face?
- Blotting paper: This is the most obvious answer and tons of drugstore makeup brands are now selling small blotting sheets that you can carry around with you. It is smooth and super absorbent, but specifically designed to absorb the oils in your skin, and not your makeup.
Can’t find blotting paper? Here are a few other suggestions:
- Tissue paper: Most of us keep this in our purses any way.
- Cigarette papers: Ok, this list starts getting weird, we know. But if you’re in need of an emergency fix for oily skin these are made from smooth paper similar to blotting paper, and will do the trick!
- Toilet seat covers: Sounds gross, but if you can get your hands on a clean one – of course – simply cut it into smaller squares and blot away. We won’t tell!
- Starbucks Napkins: Starbucks coffee is definitely not the cheapest, so make sure you get some free beauty supplies next time you stop by for your daily dose of caffeine. Keep these in a plastic bag in your purse, so you can blot your oily skin on the go — without spending money on fancy blotting paper.
How should you blot your oily skin?
Pat, pat, pat. And – no matter what you’re blotting with – never rub! Rubbing would only mess up your makeup. Instead make sure you press your blotting paper ( or similar) right into your skin.
Lastly, never forget to set your makeup using a translucent powder after blotting. If you’re on the go, and don’t have a brush with you, simply apply it to your T-Zone using a clean handkerchief, tissue or napkin.
>> Got adult acne? Read this.
About Kristals Cosmetics
Kristals Cosmetics has unlocked the holistically healing power of gemstones to promote vibrant, radiant skin with a deep range of products, including creams, masks and serums. Kristals complements its gemstone-infused skincare products with leading-edge ingredients designed to pair perfectly with precious gems, including peptides, niacinamide and Vitamin C.